The microgrid market is growing in rapid pace. It represents a shift in the paradigm of energy distribution. This transition comes with complexity and new challenges. Power generation becomes less stable and less predictable with growing distributed energy resources (DERs).
Over-currents resulting from fault conditions or start-up of sources can severely damage the protection and safety devices. Thorough analysis and testing to understand those challenges before deploying the controller to the field is necessary to reduce the risks. This webinar demonstrates how Speedgoat and MathWorks provide unified solutions and workflow to those challenges.
Topics that we will cover include:
- Understand the challenges of testing microgrids
- Learn how to create microgrid models and run them in real-time
- Demonstration of a microgrid hardware-in-the-loop testing workflow – example of testing an energy management algorithm using a Siemens PLC and Speedgoat target machine
- Learn how to set up different communication protocol interfaces like PROFINET or Modbus.
- Discover solutions for Power HIL testing, including emulation of AC and DC microgrids