This webinar will show you how to develop and test complete battery management systems (BMS) using Simulink®, Simscape Battery™, and Speedgoat Test Systems.
As the BMS closely monitors and protects an entire battery during its lifetime, it is important to thoroughly test its different components, firmware, and cell balancing performance for all operating conditions and fault scenarios using test automation.
Use Simulink and Speedgoat Test Systems to validate and test a complete BMS including its battery management units (BMU) and cell management units (CMU) while connected to virtual battery cells. Speedgoat Battery Cell Emulator can mimic the individual behavior of hundreds of battery cells including their electrical and thermal dynamics. Typical applications include battery electric vehicles (BEV), grid energy storage, consumer electronics, electric ships, and electric aircrafts.
Topics that we cover include:
- Trends in the development and testing of batteries
- Model-Based Design for battery management systems (BMS)
- Testing battery management units (BMU) and cell management units (CMU)
- Battery cell and battery pack emulators
- Modeling battery cells and battery packs in Simulink and Simscape Battery
- Lithium-ion battery model with thermal effects
- A demo using battery cell emulation for testing BMS hardware from NXP.