The 2U rack-mountable battery cell emulator (BCE) enables 12 independent and isolated battery cells to be emulated in one single unit. The stackable design allows hundreds of cells to be simulated in order to reproduce battery packs and fully test battery management systems (BMS).
Each cell features an independent programmable power source with adjustable load to allow for simulation of battery charging and discharging behavior, as well as active and passive cell balancing. With the fast and accurate on-board signal converters, the BCE can achieve both very precise voltage and current outputs and measurements. Fast current sensing enables Coulomb counting for discharging and state of charge (SOC) estimations.
The fast and deterministic data transfer to any Speedgoat real-time target machine ensures that high sample rate performance and high-fidelity control can be achieved.
- High-precision cell emulation and measurement with +/- 0.5 mV accuracy
- Current sink and source from -5A up to 5 A per cell
- Adjustable load for cell balancing
- Connecting of up to 12 cells either in series or parallel to achieve desired voltage or current ratings
- Available in different voltage or current ratings for greater precision or even more cells in a system
- Measuring charging and discharging current over time (Coulomb counting)
- Cell-to-ground isolation up to 1.6 kV
- Easy to configure with the Speedgoat I/O Blockset
- Seamless integration with Simulink and Simscape™