With the trend of shipboard electrification, there come new requirements for power storage, power quality with fast load switching, and control systems. From proof of concept to detailed implementation, model-based design and Hardware-in-the-Loop (HIL) testing for the system and controls is essential. More sophisticated shipboard power systems require high-performance, and also scalable HIL testing solutions. These can accelerate the development and de-risk hardware failure. Speedgoat and MathWorks provide solutions for this by using expandable multi-core and multi-target technology.
Topics that we will cover include:
- Key challenges for modern shipboard power systems
- Speedgoat / MathWorks solution to scalable HIL for real-time testing and simulation of shipboard power electronics and energy power systems
- Learn how to create a multi-domain, real-time capable, digital twin of a 12kV medium voltage direct current (MVDC) shipboard power system using Simscape Electrical
- Learn how to optimize digital twin performance and address scalability needs through multi-rate, multi-core, and multi-target simulation techniques
- Demo of a multi-target HIL simulation using Speedgoat test systems with shared-memory technology