Updated May 24, 2018
Part One: Speedgoat Privacy Practices
1. Information We Collect
Speedgoat may collect certain types of information about you when you access and use our products and services, visit our web site, or interact with us in other ways such as attending a Speedgoat event. The categories of information we collect are:
- Name and contact information, such as your first and last name, phone number, mailing address, email address, and country.
- Organizational information, such as the name of your company or institution and your role and title.
- Account information, such as your Speedgoat Customer Portal ID and password. We also may store account information that you provide to us relating to your accounts with third-party service providers, if you choose to integrate your Speedgoat account with your accounts on third-party services.
- Payment information, such as your credit card number, if you make a purchase from us.
- License information, such as the Speedgoat products and services you have purchased and the licensed users and devices for those products.
- Usage information, such as which Speedgoat products and services you are using, when you access or use our products and services, error reports, and performance data for our products and services. This includes web analytics information, such as the pages on our web site that you visited and the links you clicked on.
- Device and network information, such as your IP address, operating system, preferred language, and browser type.
- The content of your communications to us, such as feedback, customer support requests, and technical support requests. These may include emails or recordings of phone calls.
- Other information that you submit to Speedgoat voluntarily, such as requests for information about upcoming events, files and data that you store using Speedgoat online services, and submissions to community areas of the Speedgoat web site.
We may store your information outside your country of residence, wherever we or our third-party service providers operate.
2. How We Collect Information
We collect usage, device, and network information when you access our web site or use our products. The rest of the information listed above may come directly from you; from our authorized resellers and distributors, affiliates, vendors, or other business partners, such as companies that help us organize events; or from an organization or guardian who has authority to provide the information on your behalf.
3. How We Use Your Information
We use the personal information that we collect for the following purposes:
- To provide products, services, and support requested by you or on your behalf.
- To process and ship orders that you place with us or that are placed on your behalf, and to provide you with documentation or other material in support of such orders.
- To authenticate and secure your Speedgoat account or your use of our products and services.
- To manage licenses and ascertain use of our products and services.
- To administer and improve our products and services, including our web site.
- To enable delivery of consulting or training services and participation in seminars, trade shows, and other events.
- To provide any communication or material necessary to respond to an order for a product or service, a request for support or information, or an application for a seminar, trade show, or other event.
- To solicit optional feedback in the form of surveys measuring customer satisfaction with Speedgoat products, services, and events.
- To notify you of new products, updates, or other information related to purchases or your information requests.
- To provide important information regarding the renewal of agreements, version upgrades, and other notifications about products and services that you license or use.
- To send promotional material about our company, products, services, and events and, in some cases, on behalf of related third-party products, services, and events. You may opt out of receiving promotional materials by email.
- To market and sell our products and services. You may opt out of marketing emails.
- To enforce our agreements or comply with obligations imposed by applicable laws, regulations, or a court or administrative order. We may be required to disclose an individual’s personal information in response to a lawful request by public authorities, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements.
4. Reasons We Share Your Information
Speedgoat may share information with affiliates, partners, service providers, authorized resellers and distributors, and other third parties in order to fulfill the limited purposes described in Section 3 above. These entities may be located throughout the world and fall into the following categories:
- Web and systems infrastructure providers (e.g., providers of storage, databases, metrics, license management, business intelligence, social media, analytics, security services, and other information technology services)
- Providers of products and services for business operations (e.g., accounting systems, contract management, payment processing, order fulfillment, support)
- Affiliates and authorized distributors who may use information for Speedgoat business purposes including marketing, sales, and support of Speedgoat products and services
- Event management and service providers for in-person and online events such as conferences, webinars, and training sessions
Speedgoat may release current or past user information to third parties for limited purposes, such as investigative and enforcement purposes, in the event Speedgoat believes that usage is (i) in violation of applicable Speedgoat terms, and/or (ii) associated with the commission of unlawful acts. Speedgoat may also disclose aggregate information that does not personally identify individuals to third parties.
5. Your Choices About Your Information
Opting out of marketing and sales commercial email communications
Speedgoat sends different types of email including the Speedgoat Quarterly Newsletter or information about events nearby. We also may contact you for marketing or sales purposes using the information provided to us by you or on your behalf through our web site or through our sales channels, resellers and distributors, or business partners such as those who help us manage events. You may choose not to receive these types of communications.
To opt out, you can unsubscribe online using or follow the opt-out instructions contained in emails you receive.
For customers under maintenance, we contact you for purposes of communicating with you about the Speedgoat products or services that you are licensing or using. These are transactional messages that provide information about, for example, software updates, upcoming renewals, and new releases to which you have access under your current license. You cannot opt out of these messages while you have an active subscription because they contain important information about your licensed products and the services you are using.
Blocking cookies and web-based advertising
You can use browser settings and third-party services to block cookies, advertisements, and certain other kinds of information transmitted over the Internet. For more details, consult your web browser’s documentation and help pages, and see our sections below on cookies and third-party advertising.
Changing, correcting, or deleting your personal information
Speedgoat customer portal account holders may make changes and corrections to personal information online.
In some cases, we may not be able to fully comply with your requests. For example, even if you request that we delete your personal information, we may need to retain your data for legal purposes. In these cases, we will respond to your request and explain the extent to which we were able to comply.
6. Information Submitted to Community Areas
Users may submit information to community areas of Speedgoat web sites that may be publicly accessible. The content you submit to these community areas, including personal information, may not be subject to the protections afforded information collected in other sections of the Speedgoat web site. The content you submit will be accessible from any part of the world via the Internet, and any information your submissions contain may be used by Speedgoat and the public, both within and outside the country from which you posted.
7. Compliance with Privacy Laws and GDPR
Speedgoat complies with applicable privacy laws, including the GDPR.
GDPR and global privacy laws
If you are subject to the GDPR or other applicable privacy laws, you have the right to make certain requests about your personal data. You have the right to request access to your personal data, request that Speedgoat correct your personal data so that it is accurate and up to date, or request that your personal data be restricted or removed. You have the right to object to the processing of your personal data on the grounds that the processing is not lawful. You have the right to data portability, the right to withdraw consent to processing, and the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority.
If you are subject to the GDPR, you also have the right to object to the processing of your personal data for direct marketing purposes at any time and free of charge.
Speedgoat generally relies on legitimate interests as the lawful basis for processing personal data. Specific legitimate interests are listed in Section 3 (How We Use Your Information) above. In addition, when you enter into a legal or business transaction with us, such as a purchase, a software license, or other legal contract, we need to store and use personal information associated with that transaction to enforce our rights under the transaction and to meet our legal obligations to you or to government authorities. We rely on consent when you give us information for a specified reason, such as registering for an event. If you choose not to provide information, our ability to provide you with certain products and services may be limited to the extent that such products and services depend on the information.
Part Two: Privacy in Specific Speedgoat Products and Services
1. Speedgoat Account
Most Speedgoat software distributions and related documentation are accessed using your Speedgoat Account. Your name, email address, and country, and the name and address of the company on behalf you are accessing the portal are required to create a Speedgoat Account. This information is provided by either you or your organization at the time the account is created.
When you are logged in with your Speedgoat Account, Speedgoat can associate your login and usage with licenses and subscriptions to Speedgoat products and services to which you have access.
2. Web site and online services
The Speedgoat web site also has several forms and additional collection methods that request contact, payment, and other information. Providing this information is optional, but you may be unable to complete certain transactions, obtain certain services, or access certain features of the Speedgoat web site or software without providing the requested information.
When you voluntarily submit information to us through a form on our web site and that information is not part of a legal or business transaction (for example, if you download a white paper or send us feedback), you consent to the storage and use of your information for the purpose for which it was submitted and your information may also be used for sales and marketing purposes unless you opt out.
When you visit the Speedgoat web site or otherwise use our online services, one or more cookies are placed on (or read from) your machine if your browser is set to accept cookies. A cookie is a small data file that we transfer to your computer’s hard drive through your web browser. A cookie consists of a simple code that is used to access your account information, maintain current session data, gather broad demographic information, and help analyze web site traffic. Speedgoat may use the information in cookies for a variety of purposes including, but not limited to, market research and improving the content of our web site. Cookies may also be accessible to third parties for the web analytics, social media, and advertising purposes described below.
Although web browsers typically allow cookies by default, you may choose not to receive cookies by modifying the settings of your web browser to disable cookies. You can also set your browser to notify you when you receive a cookie, giving you the chance to decide whether to accept it. If you choose to decline cookies, you may not be able to take advantage of all the features of the Speedgoat web site and online services.
Some cookies are used for internal purposes, such as keeping you logged in to your Speedgoat Account or telling us which pages you have visited. Other cookies are shared with third parties; see the web analytics, social media, and third-party advertising section below for an explanation of how these are used. Speedgoat also sets cookies that look at your preferences when you use the web site so that Speedgoat may offer you tailored marketing information that you may be interested in.
4. Web analytics, social media, and third-party advertising
Speedgoat engages a third-party web traffic analysis company to log aggregate information coming through our web site on our behalf. Speedgoat controls how that data may and may not be used. When you visit our web site, the third-party web traffic analysis company may use technical tracking methods such as cookies and web beacons, on our behalf, and may receive information about your browsing on our web site. We may also use these technical tracking methods in emails to determine whether the recipients have opened such emails, clicked on links contained in those emails, and continued to browse our web site. We direct the third-party web traffic analysis company to collect information that is unique to individual visitors. The information collected is not personally identifiable to the third-party web traffic analysis company. We do not share any personally identifiable information, such as your name, mailing address, or email address, with the third-party web traffic analysis company.
If you wish to opt-out of behavioral advertising on third-party web sites, visit the Network Advertising Initiative web site or Digital Advertising Alliance web site.
5. Do Not Track
Like most other companies, our web site and online services are not consistently configured to respond to browsers' "Do Not Track" signals because at this time no formal "Do Not Track" standard has been adopted.
6. Customer service and technical support
Communications related to support, such as email and form submissions, are retained in Speedgoat systems for purposes of tracking support issues and improving our products.
7. Product installation, licensing, and usage
The information we collect in connection with product installations, licensing, and usage allows us to understand your requirements, to ensure effective licensing of our products, and to provide you with information that you may need for support in the future.
To enable you to use our products, we may request or collect information such as your name, email address, physical location, phone number, title, company name, and/or system login name. Such information may be used to activate, register, or update your product or license.
Most Speedgoat products and services contain technology for license management and for the prevention of unlicensed use. Speedgoat products and services may also contain technology that sends user experience information to Speedgoat both in the course of normal usage and in the event of a software crash. This technology causes the products and services to send messages to Speedgoat over the Internet that contain network, device, license, and usage information.
At the time of installation or activation, Speedgoat license management software may collect network and device information including your IP address, computer hostname and username, and operating system version. On an ongoing basis, when you use Speedgoat products and services, Speedgoat license management software may periodically collect network, device, account, license, and usage information, including which license you are associated with and which products and features you are using. License administrators may set up accounts for licensed users and view information about use by licensed users such as which products the users have access to and whether the products have been activated.
User experience information transmitted may include the products, features, and services you accessed, the length of your session, errors that occurred, your IP address, a license identifier, and your email address if you choose to submit it when sending an error report.
Email: [email protected]
Phone: +41 26 670 75 50