IEC 61850 MMS Server blocks allow you to set up communication with, for example, SCADA/HMI devices or sensors and actuators in the power systems automation field.
The MMS Server blocks exchange data via the Manufacturing Message Specification (MMS) protocol with SCADA/HMI devices or through the GOOSE and Sampled Values protocols with sensors and actuators to enable emulation of intelligent electronic devices (IED).
You can efficiently scale the substation by using multiple MMS Server blocks that leverage TCP/IP to transmit data.
These Simulink blocks are ideal for hardware-in-the-loop simulations using MATLAB® and Simulink.
Native IEC 61850 is supported both on the Ethernet interfaces of the real-time target machines and over plug-in Ethernet I/O modules.
- Data exchange through MMS with up to 20 SCADA/HMI devices
- Define data models using custom substation configuration language (SCL) files
- Multithreading implementation, saving computing time for real-time tasks
- Multiple server stations can run on one real-time target machine, either communicating with clients in the same network or separate networks
- Use GOOSE and Sampled Values to exchange data at the bay or process level