Simulink Real-Time training course outline
Day 1 of 2
Workflow Overview (2.0 hrs)
Objective: Set up the real-time testing hardware and test communications between host and target computers.
- Real-time testing overview
- Setting up the host and target computers
- Running a real-time application
Developing Real-Time Applications (2.5 hrs)
Objective: Use Speedgoat driver blocks to convert a desktop-based test bench to an RCP application.
- PMSM hardware introduction
- Converting plant models into plant hardware interfaces
- Implementing Speedgoat I/O drivers
- Testing sensors and actuators
- Executing closed-loop real-time simulations with physical hardware
- Visualizing and logging signals
Building Interactive Interfaces (2.5 hrs)
Objective: Use Simulink dashboard blocks, instrument panels, and MATLAB apps to create interactive interfaces to a real-time application.
- Using Simulink Dashboard blocks
- Creating instrument panels
- Designing MATLAB apps
Day 2 of 2
Automating Real-Time Tests (2.5 hrs)
Objective: Use Simulink Test to create and execute an automated test suite.
- Building a harness for automatic testing
- Creating test sequences
- Iterating input and parameter sets
- Analyzing test results
Using Communications Protocols (1.5 hrs)
Objective: Configure I/O blocks to interface the target machine with standard communication protocols.
- Simulink Real-Time protocol support
- Real-time UDP
- Inter-Integrated Circuit (I2C) loopback testing
- Optimizing Plant Models for Real-Time Execution (1.5 hrs)
- Objective: Use the RCP configuration to calculate accurate plant parameters, and optimize the plant model to execute on target hardware.
- Characterizing the plant model
- Profiling and debugging real-time applications
- Optimizing plant model performance
Hardware-in-the-Loop Testing (1.5 hrs)
Objective: Convert a simulation test bench into a HIL testing configuration, and use a real-time plant model to validate system requirements.
- Hardware-in-the-loop (HIL) workflow overview
- Running the controller algorithm on production hardware
- Setting up a HIL System
- Running HIL Tests
Simulink for System and Algorithm Modeling (or Simulink for Automotive System Design or Simulink for Aerospace System Design). Knowledge of Simscape™ preferred.
- MATLAB Coder™
- Simulink Coder™
- Simulink Real-Time™
- Simulink Test™
- DSP System Toolbox™
- Simscape Power Systems™