Electric vehicles (EVs) rely on batteries as primary energy storage. As battery packs require battery management systems (BMS) to operate safely and reliably, it is vital to test control algorithms for state of charge (SoC) estimation or cell balancing at an early stage.
Automated hardware-in-the-Loop (HIL) testing enables you to thoroughly validate your BMS hardware under both working and fault conditions to develop reliable, efficient, and safe systems.
- Automate HIL testing of your BMS with emulation down to cell level
- Validate algorithms for active and passive cell balancing, state of charge and state of health estimation
- Scale to any application with up to 312 cells
- Simulate battery chemistries with cell voltages up to 8V and currents up to 5A
- Emulate thermal behavior to validate your BMS reliablly and efficiently
- Extend cell emulation with failure insertion capabilities
- Seamless integration with Simulink Real-Time™ and Simscape Electrical™