The 2U rack-mountable fault insertion unit provides up to 36 independent and isolated channels to extend the battery cell simuation with failure insertion capabilities.
This fault insertion unit (FIU) provides an easy-to-use solution to test and validate battery management systems (BMS) under both typical and fault conditions. Each channel enables the generation of short-circuits, cable breakage and reverse polarity at cell level to test any possible failure scenario. Furthermore, cable breakage on the sense lines allows measurement failures to be simulated.
- Failure insertion at cell level
- Simulation of different failure scenarios: short-circuit, broken wire, reverse polarity
- Relays with up to 1000 V isolation
- System isolation up to 1.6 kV
- Scalable to hundreds of cells
- Easy to configure with the Speedgoat I/O Blockset
- Seamless integration with Simulink® and Simscape™