The IO642-32 is a PROFIBUS multi-node module that empowers users to simulate large-scale industrial installations, infrastructure and maritime vehicles; for example, production plants, ships, wind farms, solar parks, power grids, tunnels and train networks.
The module physically emulates a high number of real-time capable PROFIBUS slave nodes that communicate with the remote PROFIBUS master as in a real industrial plant. Each node is represented by an independent network transceiver, ensuring short response times.
The IO642-32 is ideal for hardware-in-the-loop (HIL) simulations using MATLAB® and Simulink®. It allows manufacturers of industrial systems and equipment to test plant controllers and realize virtual commissioning with digital twins: manufacturers can implement the plant behavior, operation modes and states in Simulink, add IO642-32 driver blocks to exchange data with the plant controller and use Simulink Test™ for error injection, automated testing and test reporting.
- Simulation of 32 PROFIBUS DP slaves per module and up to 128 slaves per machine
- Cyclic data exchange of up to 244 bytes per slave node
- Simulates a vast range of PROFIBUS DP devices from all vendors
- Seamless import of GSD files to easily set up slave device simulation
- Automatic baud rate detection