The IO171 I/O module offers versatile support to measure ungrounded thermocouples, resistive sensors such as resistance temperature detectors (RTD) and thermistors, and strain gauges.
There are 16 channels which can be separately configured for any sensor type, and predefined parameter sets are available for the most common sensor types. The IO171 also comes with a dedicated terminal board that allows individual wiring schemes to be implemented for each channel.
The module can perform cold junction compensation, measure cold junction temperatures and is generally ideal for use across a broad range of industries.
- Measure the following thermocouples: B, S, R, T, E, N, J and K
- Cold junction compensation performed inside a dedicated terminal board
- Themocouple conversion time of 22 ms
Resistance Temperature Detectors (RTD)
- Measure the following detectors: NI1000, NI500, NI100, PT1000, PT500 and PT100
- Measurements are ratiometric and done using an onboard high-precision reference resistor
- RTD conversion time of 22 ms
- All strain gauge types supported
- Quarter, half or full bridge circuit configurations may be used. Quarter and half bridges must be completed outside of the I/O module
- Strain gauge conversion time of 74 ms