This I/O module offers 6 independent isolated channels for battery emulation and typically used to emulate portable battery power supplies, battery stacks for electric vehicles or batteries under charge. Each channel can supply up to 7V, source up to 300 mA and sink up to 100 mA. Multiple IO991 I/O modules can be combined in series or parallel to achieve the required power levels for charge and discharge (voltage and current).
This I/O module is ideal for hardware in-the-loop simulation of battery management systems (BMS) using MATLAB and Simulink.
- 6 independent isolated channels
- Source-to-load and battery charging emulation
- Series and parallel battery stack combinations possible
- Independent power and sense lines
- Voltage range of 0-7 V with 14-bit resolution
- 300 mA source to load
- 100 mA sink adjustable in 16 steps
As the IO991 I/O module comes in a PXI/CompactPCI form factor, it is connected to a Speedgoat real-time target machine via an expansion enclosure with 1-18 slots available.