The DNP3 Outstation blockset enables communication between real-time target machines and external devices in power grids, as well as in distribution systems for water, oil, and gas.
The blockset handles the data exchange between the connected DNP3 master and the application running on the real-time target computer.
The DNP3 Outstation blockset is ideal for rapid control prototyping (RCP) of remote terminal units (RTU), intelligent electronic devices (IED), and programmable logic controllers (PLC). It also enables hardware-in-the-loop (HIL) simulation with virtual power grids using MATLAB and Simulink for testing central control stations such as energy management systems (EMS), distribution management systems (DMS) and substation automation systems.
The blockset is compatible with the Simulink Real-Time workflow. DNP3 is supported both on the Ethernet interfaces of the real-time target machines, and over plug-in Ethernet I/O modules (see Hardware Selection Guide).
- Simulation of multiple outstations on one target machine
- Data exchange with up to four DNP3 master stations per outstation
- Supports class assignment, integrity poll and unsolicited messaging
- Supports read, control and freeze commands
- Features binary, double-binary, counter, and analog values
- Asynchronous data exchange saves computing time for real-time tasks