This I/O module allows the simulation of 32 slave nodes. Options are available for PROFIBUS.
- Real hardware interconnects running on physical bus in real-time
- Proven protocol stacks used in millions of embedded devices
- Full Simulink workflow integration with separate blocks for each node.
Each node has its own network controller chip with a full network stack and is controlled via dual-port memory.
Up to four of these I/O modules can be installed into a Mobile real-time target machine to provide up to 128 nodes.
This solution has several advantages when compared with a pure virtual simulator:
- Nodes run in real-time with parallel execution
- Each node is completely independent
- Network collisions can happen in the same way as on a real bus
- Component failure can be simulated by shutting down a node.
This I/O module is suitable for the simulation of large scale industrial setups including:
- Ships and submarines
- Process machinery
- Train networks
- Wind farms
- Solar parks
- Tidal arrays
- Power grids