This FPGA code module offers a flexible way of implementing multi-gigabit links between multiple Simulink Programmable FPGA Modules, and external devices with on-board FPGA.
Common use cases
- Demanding closed-loop controls and plant simulation applications where algorithms run on one or multiple Simulink programmable FPGAs, and where hundreds of fast analog and digital I/O lines provided by multiple FPGAs are required at the same time
- Acquisition and signal generation of very fast analog and digital I/O, also requiring data exchange and synchronization between multiple FPGAs
- Distributed controller and HIL systems setups connected with isolating fiber optic SFP+ transceivers and cabling
- Available for internal FPGA to FPGA I/O module communication via high speed SAMTEC copper cabling, or external fiber optic communication leveraging SFP+ and QSFP+ transceivers
- Full-duplex (independent data transfer in both directions) or simplex (data transfer in either one of the direction) implementations available
- Default line rate 3.125 Gsps. Lines rates up to 10.3125 Gsps can be supported with the IO342 Kintex Ultrascale FPGA I/O module
- Default reference clock 156.25 MHz
- Compliant with Xilinx Aurora 64B/66B SP011 (V1.3) protocol specification
Aurora 64B/66B support is available for all IO33X Kintex 7 and the IO342 Kintex Ultrascale Simulink programmable I/O modules.
Please contact us for further information.